Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mad Scientist

Yesterday I was invited to the kitchen of a babbling inventor who escaped from a black hole in space.  I walked up to the door and pressed to oversized doorbell.  The inventor opened the door and said "Come in!"  He had a large blue cyborg eyepiece over his left eye.  I stepped in and looked around.  There were all sorts of high-tech equipment lying around. 
    He brought me to his kitchen and told me to sit down.  I sat down on a floating chair with buttons all over it.  I pressed the up arrow and I started floating higher.  I pressed the down arrow and started to lower.  "Have some chips!" said the mad scientist.  He handed me a metal box with flashing buttons all over it.  I pressed the button that said chips.  A speech bubble came out and floated above the top of the box.  It read "What type of chips would you like?"  "Big, Mexican ones."  I said.  Instantly a bowl of big, Mexican chips appeared with a little bowl of guacamole sitting next to them.  I tried the chip and dip.  They were the best chips I ever had.  They tasted like the chips of my dreams.  I gobbled them all down quickly and asked for some more.  He gave me them then put the machine away.  
    
    "I need to use the bathroom." I said.  He pressed a button on the wall and a row of orange flashing lights appeared on the wall.  "Follow the lights and you will reach the bathroom." he said.  I followed the lights down the long hallways until I came to where they stopped.  Then the door next to me opened and I saw a sign that said bathroom.  I walked into the room and sat on the toilet.  Zoom!  Something whizzed by my face.  That's weird I thought.  I'm sure there used to be mirror sitting on the wall.  Again something whizzed by my face.  "I'll catch it next time it does that." I said to myself.  Zoom!  I caught it.  I looked in my hands and saw the bathroom mirror with a pair of wings squirming in my grip.  "AHHHH!"  I shouted and dropped the mirror.  I ran out of the bathroom and when I looked back the mirror was perched on the wall directly above the sink just like when I first saw it.

I followed the orange lights back to where the inventor was flying in the kitchen.  "How are you doing that?"  I said.  "I'm using magnets"  He said.
He tossed me a box with straps.  "Tie this to your stomach and press the blue button."  He said.  I tied it around my stomach and pressed the blue button.  Nothing happened.  "It doesn't work." I said.  "Press the blue button." said the inventor.  I pressed it again and it didn't work.  "The one floating above your head." he said.  I looked up and sure enough there was a big blue button floating above my head.

I pressed it and started floating up until I hit the ceiling.  "How do I get down?" I asked.  "Press the blue button." said the inventor.  "But it's all the way over there." I said pointing to the corner where the blue button sat staring at me on his green and purple chair.  Wait for him to come back." the inventor said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.  Over 20 minutes later the blue button floated near and I pressed him on the head.  "Finally!" I said.

After both of us were back safe on the floor the inventor asked me if I liked giraffe weevils.  "What are those?" I said.  "They are bugs with long necks" he replied.  Suddenly he gazed past me and said "The cloning machine is malfunctioning."  I turned around and saw a huge bug.  "What is that?" I asked trying to remain calm.  "That is a genetically modified giraffe weevil."  It charged at us and the inventor pressed the blue button again.  Sadly I had already of my magnet pack so I couldn't float above the giraffe weevil like the inventor did.

No comments:

Post a Comment