Monday, January 27, 2014

My Holiday

On a bright Saturday my family and I were just finishing up breakfast and it was almost time to go sledding.  We cleared our plates and my mom, dad, brother, and I started pulling on our coats and snow pants.  Once we were all dressed up we headed outside to get our sleds from the shed.  The cold air smelled like fresh pine trees.  We grabbed the three sleds and headed down the driveway.  At the bottom there was a big hill of un-plowed snow on a road.  I hopped on my sled first and started zooming down the road.  Zane came next and ran right into me.  We kept zooming until we came to the bottom of the road and shot right off of it. Next to the road was a big pit with large snow banks on each side.  We tried to climb up the banks with little success but eventually we made it to the top.  We placed our sleds down and got prepared to launch ourselves down the steep slope.  We pushed off and went zooming down the hill faster than I expected.  We both fell off almost as soon as it started.  We did that for a few minutes then we climbed up again but this time for a different reason.  Beyond the hill was Lake Michigan.  We set up our sleds and prepared to push off the other side of the hill.  I went first.  I zoomed down the hill even faster than the last hill I went down.  The sled went so fast that I fell off pretty quickly.  Next came Zane.  He zoomed down fast too and e fell off as well.  We climbed back up and zoomed down again.  This time I stayed on a little longer.  We got off of our sleds and handed them to my dad.  Then we walked down to the edge of the lake.  There were big chunks of ice extending almost three feet back and if you stepped on them you would fall in.  We walked up the beach for some time.  Zane fell in every few minutes.  There were big 5 ft x 5 ft ice balls floating or on the bottom of the lake that we occasionally we jumped on.  Eventually we came to The Bass Lake Outlet.  The Bass Lake Outlet is a little winding river on the beach that has water coming over a mini waterfall from Bass Lake.       


No comments:

Post a Comment