Friday, October 10, 2014

Sand Dunes (continued)

Swoosh.  I felt the air flying against my face as I ran through the dune grass.  I was running for a place that had high dune grass so I could lie down and hide.  My brother and I were running from our friend Quinlin.  We reached the the high grass and lay down.  I peaked my head above the grass and he saw us.  We leaped up and raced up to the top of the dunes.  On the top we raced down the other side.  The sharp dune grass was poking our feet and it hurt.  Quinlin reached the top just as we rounded the corner of the dune.  We were now racing along side the dunes running for the path to get out.  We reached the path and raced out.  We were now on the edge of a large bowl of sand.  On the other side of the bowl there was a path to get out.  We jumped of the ledge and raced to the other side of the bowl.  Outside there was a big hill and then there was water.  We raced down the hill and splashed through the water.  The water was up to our waist in some places and at our ankles in others.  We reached the other side and headed for the dune paths behind the waterfall.  We climbed the steep path to get to the hiding place.  We jumped down the steep hill and were right next to the river.  Then we crossed the river.  It was colder that the outlet because the water was coming from bass lake.  On the other side we climbed up the steep dune.  This side had pine trees on it so we would keep stepping on sharp pine cones.  At the top we found Quinlin waiting for us.
(300)

No comments:

Post a Comment