Monday, October 13, 2014

Pool Party

Aidan, Kyle, Me and our families were all at the Homestead.  We had all just arrived and were swimming in the pool.  We suggested a game that I could climb halfway up the water slide and everyone  else would go down and try to knock me off.  I climbed up until I reached half way.  "Ready!" I shouted to them.  Nothing happened.  Then my brother comes rocketing down the slide so fast he is a blur.  I jump up from my crouching position until I am just above is head.  He goes right under me and I prepare for the next person.  Then Aidan comes down the slide.  I expected him to come fast like my brother but he is going slower.  I jump but I jump to soon just like the batters that bat to soon in baseball when the pitcher throws them a changeup.  When I land Aidan grabs my legs and tries to pull me down with him.  I hang onto the tube on the side that squirts out the water and try to kick him off me.  I yank my legs up to my chest really hard and he releases me.  Before I am even back in my crouching position Kyle comes shooting down the slide.  He surprises me and I fall back a few feet until I grab the sides.  I am now past the end of the tube to the water makes the sides slippery to hold onto.  He grabs my foot just as I jump for the tube.  My fingers close around it as he pulls at my leg.  I slip down to the very edge of the tube until James comes down.  I already have Kyle on me so when James comes down I totally get knocked off.  We all fall into the water and are laughing.  "Let's do it again," I say "any volunteers?"

No comments:

Post a Comment